Friday 11 January 2013

Rituals for a new beginning


Gosh, I don't know about everyone else, but it really has taken me a while to get myself back up to speed after all the festivities! Once it is all over, I do always suddenly really feel like clearing all the christmas decorations up and start thinking about some changes. A new year, a new beginning kind of thing. Firstly, I feel like a big tidy up and clear out. Get the house organised and looking clean. I've already taken a few bags to the charity shop but I have lots more to go through. 

Images by Helt Enkelt and Style-files.com



























I wish I had a chest styled as lovely as Anna-Malin's from Helt Enkelt above, but one day I
will get there! 

Secondly I like to bring some nice flowers in. January is still such a dark month with often dull weather, but thankfully there are plenty of bulbs available already to cheer your home up with some 'pre-Spring' feeling. They don't cost the earth and it's easy. And once flowering hyacinths stems start hanging, I cut them off to enjoy them for a bit longer in a vase. Or how about some simple branches (from your garden) in a big vase? I left my branches that I used for some Christmas decorations in the vase and guess what, they're starting to blossom!


Images by Batixa, A Cottage in the Woods and Vintage Blog

So do you have any 'rituals' at the start of a new year? What makes you feel good? Any good tips?

Lots of love,
Trinske x






No comments:

Post a Comment