Saturday 22 December 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone!


Only a few days to go until Christmas Day! We have a particularly excited 4-year old in the house who is counting down the sleeps, and her younger sister is equally excited although she doesn't quite understand the concept yet. Christmas is such a lovely time and with children who still believe in Santa, it is even more magical. They got me excited too.

In my previous post I promised I would share with you some of my own decorations, so here it goes.... I feel a bit apprehensive about it as I feel anything but confident about taking my own pictures and incredibly amateur. And yes, one of my new year's resolutions for 2013 is to learn more about photography!



















My colour for Christmas is red, which I know is traditional, but it gives a lovely splash of colour in our mainly grey and white interior and is a good colour for children. Firstly, we always have a wreath on our front door and I love simple decorations as time is always very precious in our house. Lots of candles, baubles and pine cones go a long way. The little tea light houses with some pine cones dotted around didn't take much effort but create a nice effect. 

The antique chest with marble top and mirror (which I inherited from my grandparents) is used for a display of bell cloches with pine cones and baubles and HKliving twig candle sticks (new - available on the Nordic Rose website very soon!) together with our little Christmas Treat Tree. A friend of mine and I baked cinnamon cookies with the girls, which they decorated themselves. We had such great fun and it's a real nice way of getting little ones involved.  

I hope you're enjoying this special time as much as I do and I'd like to wish everyone wonderful festive days together with their loved ones. Merry Christmas!


Lots of love,
Trinske x






1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are very pretty, nothing wrong with them!,
    Happy Christmas for you and Your family, x

    ReplyDelete